We’re eager to create new international contacts, so please don’t hesitate to contact us about cooperation possibilities!
Our goal in research, development and innovations is to share our knowledge and create innovative projects with professionals in different fields, and connect with
interesting companies that share our values and ideas of urban farming and circular economy.
Metropolia Urbanfarmlab is a separate co-learning space for experts, companies and students utilizing the expertise, facilities and laboratories of the local and other campuses of Metropolia UAS. Urbanfarmlab consists of show-room and co-working space as well as urbanfarming ecosystem space. Physical environment is connected with business development activities.
Furthermore, Metropolia connects all five Innovation Hub activities which are
- Human oriented well-being and health services
- Clean & Sustainable Solutions
- Smart Mobility
- Functional City for People
- Data-driven Construction
In finding solutions for well-being and better human life on earth, questions such as ”What makes consumers to choose urban farmed food products?” or What prejudices or misconceptions exist?” will be raised for public discussions. Metropolia will also work with other urban food stakeholders to address potential legislative obstacles.
Outcomes of Metropolia Urbanfarmlab activities
- Piloting, testing and prototyping new solutions in the ecosystem environment with circular economy and ecosystem modelling aspects
- Generating new commercialized urban food technologies and solutions via new startups
- Generating new business models
- Generating and supporting new urban farming startups
- Sharing information and eliminating prejudices around urban farming
- Raising awareness and general know-how about the methods
- Raising awareness about obstacles and enablers
- Creating new urban food based public-private partnerships
- Increasing related project portfolio
- Developing and delivering training and education solutions around urban farming
- Raising the interest of venture capitalists towards urban farming start-ups and growth companies
- Increasing public and private funding activities around Metropolia-linked startups, growth ventures and RDI projects
- Studying and sharing information for all members of the value chain about urban farming market needs and potential